Eyes are the great blessing of the GOD but unfortunately most people ignore the importance of physical health. The eyesight is the most important sense among other senses. The 80 percent of our predictions come from seeing the things. Poor vision has an effect on the person’s life, by eliminating your social life and increases the chances of more injuries. Around 45 million of the people in the world are blind, and it is an alarming situation. You can have preventive care of your eyes to avoid any problem. There are some tips to maintain healthy vision.
Tips for Healthy vision:
- Must have the dilated eye exam comprehensively to avoid any serious diseases and their effects on the eyes like old age macular degeneration, glaucoma, and diabetics which cause different eye diseases.
- The history of your family is very important if any of your parent or grandparents have eye diseases, then you must have to take care of your health especially of your eyes. Because you have a higher risk of having eye diseases.
- You must have a healthy eating style to have healthy eyes. The diet should be consisting of fruits and vegetables like spinach. The fish that contains omega-3 in the form of fatty acids are good for your eyes.
- You should maintain a healthy weight to minimize the risk of dangerous diseases like diabetics and high blood pressure, which leads to the poor vision or permanent loss of the vision. Glaucoma is a very dangerous disease which is caused by the diabetics. To avoid all these problems you should exercise daily or have a walk. You can consult to the doctor if you are gaining weight.
- Eye protection is very important if you are going outside in the direct sunlight, the ultraviolet rays are dangerous for your vision. The use of sunglasses with dark shades can protect your eyes almost 99 percent from ultraviolet rays. It is in fashion to wear sun shades to look cool.
- You must have to quit smoking if you want to have healthy vision. Smoking is very dangerous for your body and causes many different diseases. There are some serious diseases can lead to permanent blindness like cataract, macular degeneration and damage of optic nerve.
- You should wear protective glasses before going on to the workplace. The safety shields or goggles provide you the safety from the dust and other dangerous gasses or chemicals which are harmful to your eyes.
- If you are spending a lot of time on the computer or mobile, and you are continuously focusing on the screen without any rest. You might get fatigued if you don’t take rest during work. You must look away from the screen right after every 20 minutes to avoid eyestrain.
- The main thing is to clean your hands before having direct contact with your eyes. Most people get diseases from their hands, especially when applying contact lenses. Wash the lenses gently before and after using them and make sure to use disinfected lenses of certified quality.